City of Globe Response
The City of Globe is actively following developments surrounding the coronavirus outbreak in order to minimize the impact to our community and residents. The city is following recommended precautions issued by the public health agencies including staying informed of public health information, disseminating verified and accurate information, coordinating with local and state health authorities along with other regional communities and non-profit organizations, and creating additional strategies and contingency plans. The city is also encouraging staff to take additional hygiene precautions, and to stay home if they are ill.
PSA March 30, 2020: City of Globe List of Essential Services and Essential Businesses
Dated June 20, 2020: Update on the City of Globe’s COVID-19 Response
The City of Globe intends to hold steady and maintain all Covid -19 protections for the month of June. We will continue to limit public access to the Library, Museum, City Hall, and Active Adult Center. Our playing fields and parks remain open but mask restrictions are in place. We will not be issuing any special events permits or allowing organized leagues to play at the Community Center until we can safely lift restrictions. Globe City Council meetings are currently being held virtually and will continue to broadcasted on YouTube. Every indication is that this will continue through July or until deemed safe by the Council.
As we move forward, City staff continues to meet on a daily basis to manage our response to the COVID -19 pandemic both internally and externally. Our highest priority is the safety of our residents and our staff. We will work internally and with our regional partners to monitor conditions and respond to developments in order to return to normal operations.
- Open: Currently City Hall, Water Office, and the City Court will remain open for business. Residents are encouraged to utilize our online water bill payment website, or our parking lot drop off.
- Closed: In order to better protect at-risk populations and advance the concept of social distancing in order to slow the rates of infection, the City of Globe has made the decision to close the following facilities beginning Monday, March 16:
- The Active Adult Center will be closed until further notice. Meals on Wheels will continue operations. Seniors and/or caregivers may also call the Globe Active Adult Center at 928-425-9030 for more information on additional lunch resources available for seniors.
- The Globe Library will be closed until further notice. Library patrons may call the Globe Library at 928-425-6111 for more information about available online library services. We will also be distributing free USDA lunches for all kids under 18 from 11:30 am to 12:30 pm.
- The Besh Ba Gowah Museum building will be closed until further notice. The Gates to the park will be open Monday through Friday and visitors may tour the park at no charge.
- All City parks and hiking trails will remain open and residents are encouraged to follow all precautionary guidelines including avoid crowds, reduce person to person contact, and staying home if you do not feel well.
- Globe Unified School District will also offer free lunches for kids at all GUSD location. See the GUSD website for more information.